UX Academy Foundations
How can I get the most out of UX Academy Foundations?
- Get the right tools for the course! We recommend either Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD. UX Academy Foundations has tutorials for Figma built right into the coursework, to help further facilitate your familiarization with the tools.
- Stay organized! UX Academy Foundations has a lot of tips and tricks built into the curriculum to help you manage your time and coursework, but we definitely recommend getting a digital or physical planner.
- Make the most of your mentor. UX Academy Foundations has twice the mentorship of other short courses, meaning you’ll get 8 sessions with your mentor. The course is designed to have one mentor session per unit (not necessarily one per week), so make sure that you’re scheduling them accordingly.
- Stay within the time constraints. This will be reinforced throughout the curriculum, but each assignment will come with a suggested amount of time to spend on each project. Try to spend only that amount of time on the first version of your work (or less)! Design is very iterative, and your mentor will provide you with lots of useful feedback if you need to make any necessary changes and what’s good to remember is it’s totally normal to have multiple versions of the same project piece.
- Get involved! Designlab has a vibrant community on Discord, and once your UX Academy Foundations course launches, you’ll have access to that Discord server. Connect with your fellow students, as they’ll be a great source of support, inspiration, and networking for you as you work your way through your studies.