How to Export Images and PDFs from Figma:
- Click on the frame either in the layers and assets panel on the left or on the canvas.
- Once you've selected a frame you'd like to export, navigate to the inspector panel on the right and scroll down to find the section labeled "Export". Click on the section to expand.
- Set your export options. We recommend PNG or JPG for uploading work to the Designlab platform. The “1x” to the left of the suffix input field is an indicator of scale. Adjust this to increase the size of your export. Click on the “Preview” dropdown to see a small version of what you are about to export.
- Click the “Export [artboard name]” button.
For full guidance on exporting from Figma, check out Figma’s own help article.
Also, be sure to check out our free Figma 101 email course.
NOTE: If you need help uploading multi-image files to the platform, check out this article.
How to Export Images and PDFs from Sketch:
- Click the artboard name to select the artboard you want to export.
- In the Inspector (the panel on the right of the screen), click “Make Exportable”.
- Set your export options. We recommend PNG, JPG, or PDF for uploading work to the Designlab platform.
- Click “Export Selected…” at the bottom of the Inspector.
For full guidance on exporting from Sketch, check out Sketch’s own help article.
Also, be sure to check out our free Sketch 101 email course.